Pain is the single most common symptom for which individuals seek medical help.
There are many mass-produced oral pain relief medications on the market. Opioids, also known as narcotics, are a common treatment option for chronic pain. However, due to their dosage strength, dosage format or other factors, they can lead to unwanted side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, stomach irritation, gastritis, ulcers, and addiction. Additionally, many people have difficulty swallowing pills or tablets, presenting further obstacles to pain treatment.
Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy specializes in offering custom compounded transdermal pain creams. Transdermal Therapy is the absorption of medication through the skin. It provides a unique alternative to traditional methods of drug delivery and pain management. We can compound pain cream medications for patients with both acute and chronic pain including:
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neuroma Pain
- Post-herpetic Neuralgia
- Chemotherapy induced Neuropathy
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Trigeminal Neuropathy
- Post-surgical neuropathy
- Thoracic outlet syndrome, etc.
- TMJ Syndrome
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Post Operative Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Acute & Chronic Tendon/Ligament Injuries
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Lateral & Medial Epicondylitis
- Tension & Occipital Neuralgia Headache
- Failed Back Syndrome/Neck Surgery Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated/Bulging Discs
The Benefits fo Transdermal Therapy for Pain Sufferers
The most common varieties of Transdermal Therapy are creams or gels that a patient will rub onto the skin over the painful area. Our innovative transdermal topical pain management formulations may offer many advantages:
- Rapid onset of relief
- Targeted to the site of pain
- High local concentrations
- Minimal Systemic Absorption
- Minimal Drug Interaction Risk
- Precise, customized formulations & dosages
Most of the mass-produced topical treatments on the market are utilizing a single ingredient approach (typically an anti-inflammatory) in hopes that decreasing inflammation will decrease pain. Compounded pain creams like those we formulate at Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy use a multi-ingredient approach. Each ingredient has a different mechanism of action, all working together synergistically to offer the possibility of a stronger therapeutic outcome for our patients.