When you’re prescribing for a skin irritation or condition compounded medication allows a pharmacist to combine individual ingredients to make a medication tailored to your patient’s specific needs.
Medications can be delivered in the way that’s right for a patient’s condition and lifestyle. Among these options are topical formulations, such as, creams, lotions, ointments, gels, sprays, solutions, and foams that can be used on the skin. Medicated shampoos and lip balms are other common formulations that can be compounded to meet a specific need.
- Scarring – keloid scars, atrophic scars
- Wrinkles and aging
- Diaper rash
- Nail fungus
- Sctinic/ solar keratosis,
- Hirsutism (excess hair growth),
- Cold sores,
- Dark spots/melasma,
- Alopecia (hair loss),
- Stretch marks,
- Excess sweating,
The use of compounding to custom-formulate medications to a patient’s needs allows for greater flexibility in the way a product is made and delivered. This is great because it allows for:
- Specialized formulations – sometimes a unique blend of ingredients is required to achieve the results a patient is looking for, Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy can help with these cases.
- Avoidance of allergies or sensitivities – patients may have allergies or sensitivities to certain ingredients found in mass-market prescriptions. Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy can make medications without certain ingredients or unnecessary additives and preservatives.
- Fine-tuned dosing – Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy can provide the best dose by precise formulation – one that will deliver the needed benefit with a reduced risk of side effects.
*To view all Peninsula Compounding order forms, please head to the Order Forms page