While remedies for your patient’s foot challenges may be available as topical over-the-counter creams and ointments, or systemic (oral) prescription medications there are some disadvantages to using these methods.
- Topical over-the-counter treatments are produced for the general public, so they are unlikely to address a patient’s unique needs effectively.
- Oral, systemic medications can have unwanted side effects with long-term use, such as the risk of dependence and organ toxicity.
How Can Compounded Medicantions Help?
The team at Peninsula Compounding Pharmacy can make medications in the forms of creams, gels, ointments, sprays, and powders. This variety of delivery mechanisms takes account of the fact that no two patients (or their feet) are exactly alike. We can craft the perfect combination based on medical conditions, amount of daily activity, genetics, and previous health history.
Peninsula Compounding creates solutions for Foot and Leg Challenges, such as:
- Skin and Wound Care. Individuals with poor circulation often suffer debilitating ulcers in their feet. Appropriate medication is necessary to heal the wound and prevent infection.
- Fungal Infections. Dry, cracked skin of the foot and heel is a prime source of fungal infection. Unfortunately, the tough surface of the foot can make it difficult for over-the-counter medications to effectively penetrate.
- Arthritis/Inflammatory Pain. The long-term side effects of oral pain medications are well-documented. Get targeted therapy, straight to the source.
- We can create combinations for more targeted effects. We can combine medications to create a synergistic effect, aiding healing and improving quality of life. This can be helpful for any of the following conditions:
- Dry skin
- Foot ulcers
- Nail issues
- Corns and calluses
- and others